Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Brownie's where helping at the Santa Clarita Marathon

Station # 7
This was the most amazing thing our little Girls Scouts have done so far, it was so much fun and I was so proud of the Girls, it was a wonderful Day !!!
And here comes Uncle David !!!!!
so proud to hand out water....
Luckily
we had a Troop with older Girls with us
the aftermath .....
This was a wonderful E-mail the Girls received, Wow what a day !!! Thank you everybody !!!

First and again, your department and you did an outstanding job again making the Marathon happen.

But something became plainly apparent to me during today's race. The entire creation rests on the shoulders of 300 little girls. I know very little about who they are or who arranged for them to be there. I always take the time to speak directly to any child that interacts with me. Of course, I did nothing of the sort today, being able to mumble a "thanks"
here and there.

If there is any way to say thank you to the people who put together the water stations, please do it for me. 3000 runners, a hundred adult volunteers, an entire City department and two law enforcement agencies would have looked pretty silly if that army of little girls were not available...not to mention enthusiastic, funny and tireless. They deserve to be individually thanked.

No comments: